For the 2017/18 academic year, our school has received a total of £23,460 in PE and Sports Premium funding. This is for the entire school from reception to year 6.
The funding can be used in a variety of ways, but aims to provide fantastic opportunities before, during and after the school day. The following sports breakdown (updated termly) reports the breakdown of the spend, the impact and the sustainability of the funding. The funding aims to improve sport, PE and physical education through five key indicators:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity.
- Raising the profile of PE and sport across the whole school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- Offer all pupils a broader experience of a range of sports and activities.
- Increased participation in competitive sport.
- Sports Premium Funding 2017-18 April Update.pdf
- Sports Premium Funding 2018-2019 September Update.pdf
In years 3 to 6, our PE Instructor, Mr Jackson, continues to provide an excellent range of opportunities and clubs here at Cheam Park Farm. This includes before school clubs, lunchtime activities and after school clubs; he is also involved in sports fixtures and festivals. As well as this, Mr Jackson assists with administrative tasks associated with PE, physical activity and sports fixtures across both sites.
Through the sports grant, we have ensured that there are opportunities for all children, regardless of age and ability, to participate in sport. So far in 2017/18, 213 individual children from KS2 have participated in an extra-curricular sports club – this doesn’t include those that attend regular training as part of one of our many competitive squads.
Supervised by Mr Vigor, we also have a team of sports leaders from year 6 who give up some of their lunchtimes to organise and run various sporting and physical activities for younger children. The sports leaders receive weekly training from Mr Vigor, and have even attended external training via the local School Sports Partnership.
As a school, we look forward to continue developing participation and learning in sport, PE and physical activity.