The Sports Premium funding can be used in a variety of ways, but aims to provide fantastic opportunities before, during and after the school day. The following sports funding report explains the breakdown of the spend, the impact and the sustainability of the funding. The funding aims to improve sport, PE and physical education through five key indicators:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity.
- Raising the profile of PE and sport across the whole school as a tool for whole school improvement.
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport.
- Offer all pupils a broader experience of a range of sports and activities.
- Increased participation in competitive sport.
Our PE instructor continues to provide a fantastic range of opportunities and clubs here at Cheam Park Farm. This includes numerous clubs before, during and after school; lunchtime activities with sports leaders; and organisation of multiple sporting fixtures and festivals.
Through the PE and Sports Premium funding, we have ensured that there are opportunities for all children – regardless of age, background and ability – to participate in sport and physical activity.
Swimming Proficiency for Year 6 Pupils 2018 - 2019
80% of the pupils in Year 6 are able to:
- Swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres
- Use a range of strokes effectively
- Perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations